Saturday, August 8, 2009

Welcome!

For some of you, this may come as a surprise that I am starting a blog. Well, apparently some people think I'm funny and I should share my thoughts. So here I go.

First off, I should explain the title of my blog, Flatch Forgette. "Flatch" is a nickname I received as a gaseous young child growing up in the burbs of Chicago. I was up in Northern Wisconsin at Dairymen's Country Club, something I will explain in another blog. I was telling an embarrassing story of how I received a nice scar on my knee. Here's how that story goes:

"I was sitting in the hallway of a Holiday Inn in Rockford, Illinois with three girlfriends on my softball team, Katie P., Mo and Al. We were reliving the day of softball games preparing for the next day of games, when a very intoxicated man stumbled by and said 'excuse me boys'. Well at the ripe ole age of 12 (I have no idea how old we were) we thought this was hilarious. So funny, that I lost control of my bodily functions and let one rip real loud as a woman walked by. The woman came back and made the comment "that is disgusting". Well, everyone was cracking up now. In fact Mo went to hide behind the vending machine because she was trying to not to pee in her pants. Alison crossed her legs so she would not pee in her pants, I got up to run to the bathroom because I was going to pee in my pants and tripped and fell over alison legs and skinned my knee. The next day I slid home and reopened the wound. Spent a day in the hospital fighting the infection." Hence my scar. 

Well after I was done telling the story at a bonfire at Dairymen's in front of the entire Gallagher and Doyle families, I let one rip again. If it had been on purpose, it would have been beautiful delivery, but I'm not that smooth. Everyone at the bonfire started cracking up and then I said, "so what, did you know that the average human flatulates 18 times a day." 

Then was born my new nickname, Flatch.

3 comments:

  1. Now not only will I get some good laughs in, but I'll also get to stay current with your life adventures!!

    Can't wait for you to visit next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEST DAY OF MY LIFE! THE DAY "FLATCH" WAS BORN. MAY FLATCH LIVE ON FOR-EV-ER! LONG LIVE FLATCHHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FLATCH!!! What a great story, was amazing reliving that moment! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete